Musana Fundraiser WOD this Saturday. Have you signed up yet?
Teams are signing up for this Saturday’s Musana fundraiser WOD. Heats are scheduled at 9:00, 9:30, and 10:00 AM. Suggested donation is $40/team. More info and to sign up…
Need a teammate? Post to comments if you need someone to partner up with!
Hill Sprints, aka suckfest workout
Team Unicorn on the Project Jacked challenge is inviting any who dare to come run hill sprints at 0600 tomorrow morning…that’s 6:00 am for you civilians! Meet at gym at 6am.
Workout of the Day
It’s important to have fun, break out of the box occasionally. Today’s WOD offer’s some flexibility…With a partner, alternating sets:
1. 7 sets of a push, pull, or carry (sled push, sled pull, yoke carry, heavy KB carry, farmers walk, waiter’s walk, etc.)
2. 7 sets of gymnastics movement of your choice (handstand pushup, strict pullup/chin, muscle up, strict toe to bar, handstand hold, L-sit, iron cross, forward roll, pistol, high box jump, bar muscle up, etc.)
3. 7 sets of a sprint (a short run >200m, a short row, a burst of double unders, a burst of box jumps, a burst of burpees, a suicide, etc.)
- Pick only one movement of each. So, you can’t do farmers carry and yoke carry. The idea is to pick just one and do as much, or as well as you can on it.
- Seven sets means just seven. On the push, pull, and carry, pick a weight that you can do easily at first, and then work up to your MAX. On the gymnastic and sprints, choose something that is fairly challenging but not overwhelming and try to stay at the same across all seven sets.
- You must do the movements in order…no super-setting.
- Do something different…it will make the workout that much better!